« Lync/OCS Coexistence and Static Routes | Main | Deleting Static Routes in Lync Server 2010 »

03/16/2011

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Jelle_balk

Hello Mike, we have a customer running Lync with Exchange 2010 and the wildcard certificate on Exchange. I have seen the same behavior as you describe here in this blog. But when I view the CELogs I cannot find the lines that you describe in the blog. Where can I find these logs that you describe?

With regards,

Jelle Balk

Mike Stacy

Jelle,

Those logs came from a special debug version so I got the files via ftp directly from the phone, but this should be the same log that goes up to the server. Are you using readlog.exe to convert the log to text?

In any case you can be sure that you'll hit this problem if your customer is using a wildcard certificate with EWS.

Mike

Richard Pasztor

Hi Mike,

does this limitation of Lync phone devices -not able to understand wildcard name- apply to the UM certificate as well?

Mike Stacy

I haven't tested that specifically but it probably would not have an impact due to the way UM communication is handled from the phones. However, I retain the stance that in general you should avoid wildcard certificates. For the UM role I would recommend using an internally generated certificate with the appropriate subject name.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Important Information:
The views and opinions outlined within this blog are solely my own, and do not represent those of any organization. All technical procedures contained herein are provided without warranty of any kind. These procedures may or may not fall within the support guidelines of any company mentioned. If you have questions about the supportability of any information in this blog please contact the appropriate vendor.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
    Blog powered by Typepad